Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mom and Dad-isms

So I have noticed that my husband and I say some very odd things now that we are parents.  Many of which can be completely misinterpreted if taken out of context.  Here are a few examples:

"No, keep your legs down." (diaper changing and dressing)

"Confessionals are not accommodating for 2 people - even if one of them is 25 inches tall and weighs less than 14 lbs." (talking about holding my daughter while in the confessional)

"Come on, please burp!"

"Poopy !  Yeah!!"

"Don't puke! Don't puke! I don't have time to bathe you today, please don't puke."  (also been said in combination with "Don't puke because you won't get a bath if you do." but that was said after she was anointed with chrism and smelled heavenly)

 "How's my fluffy butt doing?" (Cloth diapers!)

"What are the rules?  No peeing! No pooping!  Keep feet out of the diaper."

"I'll let you bite my noise if you will stop crying."

"Come on you stupid burger!"  (Said while trying to clean out my daughter's nose)

"No sweetie, we kiss with our mouths closed!" (She likes to lick people)

No comments:

Post a Comment