Sunday, March 4, 2012

Addict in the making

There is ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT about the fact my husband is a bibliophile (that is a book lover/addict)  I like to joke that our "library"/spare room is going to go up in flames and be the best kindling if our house ever catches fire (please pray it doesn't). 

Well while doing some Spring cleaning/organizing I came to a realization.  Our 4 month old daughter already has over 50 books.  While she really has only "read"/listened to about 10 thus far (the rest are for her when she is a little older), she has them for when she's ready for them.  This doesn't count all the books that are at my mom's house waiting to show up at our house because I keep forgetting to bring them back.  My mom has all my kiddy books from when I was little (or at least all the Dr. Seuss and Bernstein Bear books) and they are my daughter's whenever I remember to bring them back.  That will put her book count way up because we had every book written by those two authors.

Oh, and I should probably mention, I like to read too.  I do not own as many books as my husband, but I can't claim to not like to read.  So our child better like to read because her mama and daddy do and we like to read to her.  So far she seems to enjoy it - at least the pictures and funny voices.

1 comment:

  1. Not a bad addiction to have. It seems a bookshelf addiction goes hand-in-hand with a book addiction. I would know . . .

    ReplyDelete