Friday, March 16, 2012

Commentary on my parenting - from my daughter

So my mom taught my daughter how to blow raspberries.  A fact that is adorable, but she uses it negatively.  It started as a tactic that was used whenever she was annoyed, she blew raspberries.  LOUDLY!  She now does it to her dad during play time.

Well for the last couple weeks instead of screaming when she was annoyed with me she would blow raspberries.  This is a fact I am fine with.  It is so much more socially acceptable for a baby to blow raspberries (it is very cute) than to scream it's little head off.

She and I went to stations of the cross tonight and she blew raspberries almost the entire time.  (She did take a short break from it starting at the 13th station, when she passed out until the end).  If you are not Catholic or have not been to stations of the cross, the best way to explain it is Catholic Jazzercise.  It is beyond Catholic aerobics (aka the Mass).  The kneeling-standing routine happens approximately 60 times in about 30 minutes.  You are in constant motion.  Well I had her in her Kangaroo pouch and she wanted a nap.  Because I kept moving with the stations, she couldn't fall asleep as easily.  So she blew raspberries.  When Fr. walked by between the 4th and 5th station, he saw her doing this and laughed.  I guess I shouldn't be nearly as embarrassed as I was.  She was adorable doing it, even if I knew she was annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment