Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cradle what?

Sometimes a person needs to be realistic about themselves - so this is my self reflection for the day.  Ok, so my family calls that dry scaly skin babies often times get "cradle crap."  I just recently (as in about 3 months ago) learned that it is in fact called "cradle cap." Whatever it is called, my kid has developed it.  In the grand scheme of things, probably the thing you would want your kid to have because IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM!  But it drives me BATTY.  I don't know why, but it annoys me that my perfect little baby looks like she has reptile skin.  It is about a quarter-sized spot, and from how much it annoys me you would think it covered her entire body. 

So last night at work I was complaining pretty hard core about this condition (and from the way I was carrying on about it I am sure the mom I was talking to thought I was bananas)  So after listening to me go on about it, and searching Google or ways to get rid of it, she looked over at me and said, "You know what?  You just need to have another kid because if you had another one to take care of you wouldn't even notice a little patch of dry skin."  Hmmmfph!  Message received.  I have a very happy and healthy baby, I should thank God for it and be grateful for this blessing.  Many other parents have FAR worse things wrong with their children and they handle it with loads more grace.  I need to learn from them.  But in the mean time, while I am learning, any suggestions about how to get rid of my kid's cradle crap will be appreciated.  Hey, I never claimed to be perfect - only human!

1 comment:

  1. Get some tea tree oil at WalMart. Get her scalp wet. Brush in a small (I mean, very small dab) amount of tea tree oil - kind of massage it around where the cradle cap is. Then rinse with shampoo and water. Make sure the tea tree oil doesn't get in her eyes. We would take a washcloth and put it on the forehead to make sure no oil got in their eyes. All our kids had some variation of cradle cap. The oldest lost all his hair, the middle had it forever (well into his second year), and the little woman had a mild case. Your little woman seems to have a mild case of it so far. Don't worry about not liking it. I noticed every little thing with our first too! In fact, I'm the same way with all of them . . . though I don't always get around to having time to do anything about what I noticed unless it's really urgent. ha!

    ReplyDelete