Sunday, February 26, 2012

Grandma needs a spanking

So I recently (as in yesterday) saw a onesie that says, "I am spoiled because no one is willing to spank grandma."  I ALMOST BOUGHT IT!  I think if it came in the size my daughter is wearing currently I would have.

Why do I say this you might wonder?  WELL.... to celebrate my mom's birthday we went up to visit her (and fix her computer).  I leave my child in the culpable hands of my mother while I go to the bathroom.  Babies need cuddle time with grandma right?  While I am in the bathroom I hear my mom laugh - ok, not something horrible right?  Nothing bad could happen when laughter is involved, right?  WRONG!

My mom had given my (up to this point) exclusively breast milk fed baby a spoonful of ICE CREAM!!!!  And she LOVED IT!!!!  She was smacking her little lips.  She was smiling and giggling.  AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

So my mom, grandma, and grandfather think this is funny.  My grandfather (who we call Papa) even offered to feed her more ice cream.  I am not a happy camper about this.  Why you might ask....well a 4 month old doesn't need to be eating ice cream for one.  Two - she REFUSED to drink milk for the next 5 hours.  When she finally broke down and took milk she was staring at me like I was the meanest person in the entire world.  Why wouldn't I let her have the yummy food that grandma was willing to give her?  It took me about a day to get her back on track eating/drinking "baby food" (breast milk)!

I told my mom that if she did it again, she would be limited to SUPERVISED VISITATION!  I love you mom, but that was mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment