Thursday, June 7, 2012

Detoxing a baby

It's not what you think - I PROMISE!

So every time we go visit family our child gets very accustomed to being the center of attention.  Since everyone loves her so much, she gets loads of attention.  This is great.  She becomes this social butterfly.  Then we have to come home...... and OH NO!!!!!  She expects all the attention and there are not enough people at our house to give it to her.  She has to detox!!  She becomes very sad and melancholy! 

Here is a good example.  We went to my sister's place for three days.  My sister used my child as a human medicine ball (throwing her up in the air), carried her around, showed her off, made funny noises, and generally was a baby's ideal play buddy.  You could not have made a baby much happier!  Then we had to come home :(  She has been trying to bounce like her medicine ball exercises she was doing with my sister.  My arms hurt.  I tried to put her down.... she whined.  It will take 2-3 days for her to stop expecting my sister to come around the corner and play with her.

I would not trade seeing my sister for the detoxification that I have to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment