Friday, January 11, 2013

They don't make them like they used to

For the feast of the Epiphany my little lady got 3 books and their corresponding stuffed friends. One of these was "The Velveteen Rabbit". I had seen this book in the kids section of Barnes and Nobel more times than I could count but had never read it. Not even in my childhood - at least not that I could remember. So why did I buy it without reading it you might ask. Well let me tell you ... I was in a hurry when I went shopping and didn't take the time to browse through it. Also I have made it my mission to instill a love of reading into my child so the more books the better, right?

Well the first time I read the book was the first time my little Missy-Moo got to hear it too. IT IS SO GOOD! It is well written. It has a good plot. There is substance to the story. It is like Aesop's fables (another book she got) - real stories with meat on the bones! I will admit she doesn't have the attention span yet for these long of stories, but I am looking forward to when she does!

I am always looking for good stories/books for the little one so if you have suggestions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment