Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bathtime for my little button pusher

My daughter gets to enjoy the joy that I had growing up.... experiencing the fun of having her grandma (my mom) living next door to my grandparents (her great-grandparents).  I always enjoyed being able to run next door anytime I wanted.  (And there was always a nice neighbor to get a cup of flour or a couple eggs!)  So here are a couple fun stories from yesterday.  My little stinker was causing havoc at both houses.

We went to Grandma's house first.  Grandma fed her a banana, cheerios, and milk.  Well since it has been a few years since Grandma had to deal with babies she has forgotten a few of the essentials.  Like, if you give the baby food and don't sit by, a BIG mess will be made.  Well that mess meant the little lady got a bath.  So my mom undressed my baby, including taking off her diaper, THEN decides to run the bath water.  (If you have never bathed a baby, she did that backwards, water should be ready before the diaper comes off).  Well I don't know why my mom thought the baby would just sit next to her while she got the bath tub ready, but she thought this.  My little ornery angel decided to take full advantage of her new freedom and took a couple steps, then realizing that she could cover more distance faster on all fours, fell down to a crawl and took off like a greased pig after food.  She made it out of the bathroom, down the hall, and halfway into the living room (a pretty good distance in this house) before my mom caught up to her.  When I heard the unmistakable sound of the pitter-patter of little hands on hardwood I look in the direction it was coming from only to see my little angel in her birthday suit giggling, smiling, and crawling as fast as she could with my mom chasing after her saying, "Come back here you little squirt! Get back here! Come back! And DON'T PEE ON MY FLOOR!"  She got her bath and fun playtime in the tub.  She was in heaven!

Later we walked next door to play with the great-grandparents.  She crawled loads of laps around the house, giggling, and generally having fun.  When everyone was trying to watch the Saturday college football games, she kept trying to change the channel.  You see my daughter has learned to push the buttons on the remote and phone.  She had made 6 phone calls from my phone the day before (that was before I took the phone away from her).  Well at grandparents' house, she kept trying to get the remote, so my uncle gave her a remote from an old VCR player that was still in the house.  She kept pushing the buttons, then would look at the TV to see what would happen.  When nothing happened she got confused, yelled at me, then threw the remote.  Later I gave her a plastic phone to play with.  It took her about 5 seconds to realize it wasn't real, she yelled at me and threw it across the room.  You see my little button pusher actually knows what happens when you push buttons and doesn't like it when she doesn't get her intended results. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes you did! The others were to an aunt on her dad's side, and a few of my cousins. You are the only one that got past the first ring - especially to the voice mail.

    ReplyDelete