Friday, May 18, 2012

Make a wife/mom's heart melt

Our daughter has been kind of a stinker when it comes to her sleep pattern lately.  My child who early on would be fine with being put down awake at a designated time would quietly play until she fell asleep or just realize once the lights were turned out and the music from the mobile started it was time to close her eyes, grab her bear and just fall asleep.  Well she had an ear infection a few weeks back.  Because of this, she couldn't stand laying down.  She spent the better part of two weeks either sleeping in her swing or on my chest while I sat in the papasan.  Not the most comfortable sleeping situation, but hey, both of us got some sleep.  Well I think she got very comfortable with the idea of sleeping next to me because she has decided that sleeping on her own will only happen after a temper tantrum.  She has been crying (half asleep mind you) prior to settling down for about a week now.  Tonight as I was washing the bottles of the day (and listening to her scream), I heard my husband's footsteps going toward our daughter and a few seconds later she stopped crying.  I assumed that she had convinced him to pick her up.  So after I was done I walked toward them and noticed something unexpected.  The baby was in her own bed.  My husband was sitting a few feet away softly singing to her and she was just looking at him.  She just needed to hear her daddy's voice to calm down.  Since I work evenings and am often times not home when she goes to sleep I asked him if he does this often.  I was pleasantly happy when he said he does and it generally works.  It is so nice to see how much she adores her daddy and how much he loves her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment